Industrial Minerals Sand and Gravel Resources [Indiana] Full Details
This dataset was automatically cataloged from the provider's ArcGIS Hub. In some cases, information shown here may be incorrect or out-of-date. Click the 'Visit Source' button to search for items on the original provider's website.
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Industrial Minerals Sand and Gravel Resources [Indiana]
- SAND_GRAVEL_RESOURCES_IN is a polygon shapefile that identifies sand and gravel permissive tracts in the surficial unconsolidated deposits of Indiana. Permissive tracts have been defined by the U.S. Geological Survey (Open File Report 95-681, Singer, D.A., 1993, Basic concepts in three-part quantitative assessments of undiscovered mineral resources: Nonrenewable Resources, v. 2, no. 2, p. 69-81) as "areas where the geology permits the existence of mineral deposits (mineral resource potential) of a specific type... Noting that the possibility of the occurrence of the specified deposit type (mineral resource) outside the permissive tract should be negligible." This shapefile provides an approximate economic ranking of the sand and gravel resource potential of each mapped surficial unconsolidated deposit. The resource potential of each map unit within the mapped surficial unconsolidated deposits is ranked as a "potential," "low potential," or "not a potential" resource. The definitions of these rankings are derived from Gray, H. H., 1973, Properties and uses of geologic materials in Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Regional Geologic Map Supplementary Chart 1 and Carr, D. D., and Webb, W. M., 1970, Sand and gravel resources of Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Bulletin 42-D, 31 p. "Potential resource" indicates that the surficial unconsolidated deposits are likely to contain economic concentrations of sand and gravel, "low potential" indicates that the surficial unconsolidated deposits may contain economic concentrations of sand and gravel, and "not a potential resource" indicates that the surficial unconsolidated deposits do not contain economic concentrations of sand and gravel.
- Indiana Geological Survey
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- DATA DISCLAIMER This data set was compiled by Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey, using data believed to be accurate; however, a degree of error is inherent in all data. This product is distributed "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of suitability to a particular purpose or use. No attempt has been made in either the design or production of these data to define the limits or jurisdiction of any federal, state, or local government. These data are intended for use only at the published scale or smaller and are for reference purposes only. They are not to be construed as a legal document or survey instrument. A detailed on-the-ground survey and historical analysis of a single site may differ from these data. COPYRIGHT 2003, THE TRUSTEES OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY, INDIANA GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED The information on these media is proprietary to Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey. Any copying, adaptation, distribution, public performance, or public display of this information without the express written consent of Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is discouraged. CREDIT It is requested that the Indiana Geological Survey be cited in any products generated from this data. The following source citation should be included: SAND_GRAVEL_RESOURCES_IN: Sand and Gravel Resource Potential in Mapped Surficial Material in Indiana (Indiana Geological Survey, 1:500,000, Polygon Shapefile). WARRANTY Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey warrants that the media on which this product is stored will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for ninety (90) days from the date of acquisition. If such a defect is found, return the media to Publication Sales, Indiana Geological Survey, 1001 E 10th St, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1405, and it will be replaced free of charge. LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY Except for the expressed warranty above, the product is provided "AS IS", without any other warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties for product quality, or suitability to a particular purpose or use. The risk or liability resulting from the use of this product is assumed by the user. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey shares no liability with product users indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of revenue or profit, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is not responsible for claims by a third party. The maximum aggregate liability to the original purchaser shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the product.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: