Industrial Minerals Abandoned Sand and Gravel Pits [Indiana] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Industrial Minerals Abandoned Sand and Gravel Pits [Indiana]
- SAND_GRAVEL_PITS_ABANDONED_IN is a point shapefile that shows the locations of abandoned sand and gravel pits in Indiana. It is derived from an unpublished memorandum report of the Indiana Geological Survey (IGS): Hasenmueller, W. A., 2001, Preliminary database of abandoned sand and gravel pits, Coal and Industrial Minerals Section Memorandum Report 98, Indiana Geological Survey, Bloomington, 3 p., and a CD-ROM. NOTE: This shapefile includes 2,275 of 2,515 sand and gravel pit locations from the IGS Abandoned Sand and Gravel Pit Database (titled "PrelimSdGvDB.mdb") that are located in Indiana and for which the documented location is to the nearest quarter quarter section. The 240 pit locations that were excluded did not have adequate quarter quarter section information that could be processed by Geographix software. The following discussion is derived from Memorandum Report 98: "The Microsoft Access 2000 database PrelimSdGvDB.mdb on the enclosed CD contains information about abandoned sand and gravel pits in Indiana. The data contained in this database represents a preliminary stage in a comprehensive compilation of abandoned sand and gravel pit data stored in the files of the Mineral Resources Section of the Indiana Geological Survey (IGS). The data were taken from a single Mineral Resources Section file titled "DATA TABULATION CARDS: Sand and Gravel Pits" which documents abandoned sand and gravel pits examined by IGS geologists in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Although these data have been assembled into a simple flat-file database they should not be regarded as a final compilation of the above mentioned file nor should they be regarded as a compilation of all abandoned sand and gravel pit information filed in IGS Mineral Resources Section files. The Mineral Resources Section is providing this preliminary database in response to a request from the Energy Resources Section of the IGS."
- Indiana Geological Survey
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- DATA DISCLAIMER This data set was compiled by Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey, using data believed to be accurate; however, a degree of error is inherent in all data. This product is distributed "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of suitability to a particular purpose or use. No attempt has been made in either the design or production of these data to define the limits or jurisdiction of any federal, state, or local government. These data are intended for use only at the published scale or smaller and are for reference purposes only. They are not to be construed as a legal document or survey instrument. A detailed on-the-ground survey and historical analysis of a single site may differ from these data. COPYRIGHT 2003, THE TRUSTEES OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY, INDIANA GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED The information on these media is proprietary to Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey. Any copying, adaptation, distribution, public performance, or public display of this information without the express written consent of Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is discouraged. CREDIT It is required that the Indiana Geological Survey be cited in any products generated from this data. The following source citation must be included: SAND_GRAVEL_PITS_ABANDONED_IN: Abandoned Sand and Gravel Pits in Indiana (Indiana Geological Survey, Point Shapefile). WARRANTY Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey warrants that the media on which this product is stored will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for ninety (90) days from the date of acquisition. If such a defect is found, return the media to Publication Sales, Indiana Geological Survey, 1001 E 10th St, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1405, and it will be replaced free of charge. LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY Except for the expressed warranty above, the product is provided "AS IS", without any other warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties for product quality, or suitability to a particular purpose or use. The risk or liability resulting from the use of this product is assumed by the user. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey shares no liability with product users indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of revenue or profit, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is not responsible for claims by a third party. The maximum aggregate liability to the original purchaser shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the product.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: