Surficial Gamma Ray Logs [Indiana] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Surficial Gamma Ray Logs [Indiana]
- GAMMA_RAY_LOGS_IGS_IN.shp shows the locations of the Indiana Geological Survey's natural gamma-ray logs that were collected from 1978 to 2012. It was updated by Indiana Geological Survey (IGS) personnel on May 9, 2012 to add new data and to include existing locations of wells with "sample only" designations (rotary cuttings or cores) that were formerly excluded. Additionally, the dataset now contains an attribute field named "SAMPLE_ID" for referencing physical samples in the IGS Archives. Data were updated in the attribute field named "Type" to differentiate between wells which have only gamma-ray logs (value of "GL"), wells with gamma-ray logs and physical samples (value of "LS"), or wells where only samples (value of "SO") were collected. This shapefile also includes information concerning coordinate locations, surface elevation, and vertical depths of gamma-logs.
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- DATA DISCLAIMER This data set was compiled by Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey, using data believed to be accurate; however, a degree of error is inherent in all data. This product is distributed "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of suitability to a particular purpose or use. No attempt has been made in either the design or production of these data to define the limits or jurisdiction of any federal, state, or local government. These data are intended for use only at the published scale or smaller and are for reference purposes only. They are not to be construed as a legal document or survey instrument. A detailed on-the-ground survey and historical analysis of a single site may differ from these data. CREDIT It is required that the Indiana Geological Survey be cited in any products generated from this data. The following source citation must be included: GAMMA_RAY_LOGS_IGS_IN: Wells with Natural Gamma-Ray Logs or Physical Samples in Unconsolidated Sediments in Indiana (Indiana Geological Survey, 1:100,000, Point Shapefile), compiled by Ned Bleuer (data compiler), Steve Brown (data compiler, digital compiler), Jennifer Olejnik (data compiler, digital compiler), Marni Karaffa (data compiler) Jack Haddan, (data compiler, digital compiler), 2012. WARRANTY Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey warrants that the media on which this product is stored will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for ninety (90) days from the date of acquisition. If such a defect is found, return the media to Publication Sales, Indiana Geological Survey, 1001 E 10th St, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1405, and it will be replaced free of charge. LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY Except for the expressed warranty above, the product is provided "AS IS", without any other warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties for product quality, or suitability to a particular purpose or use. The risk or liability resulting from the use of this product is assumed by the user. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey shares no liability with product users indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of revenue or profit, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is not responsible for claims by a third party. The maximum aggregate liability to the original purchaser shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the product.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: