State Aquatic Management Area (AMA) Aquisitions [Minnesota] Full Details
- State Aquatic Management Area (AMA) Aquisitions [Minnesota]
- This data layer shows lands acquired by MNDNR Fisheries through purchase, donation and easement for establishment as <b>Aquatic Management Areas (AMAs)</b>. AMAs are established to <i>"protect, develop and manage lakes, rivers, streams, and adjacent wetlands and lands that are critical for fish and other aquatic life for water quality, and for their intrinsic biological value, public fishing, or other compatible outdoor recreational uses."</i> (MN Statutes 86A Subd. 14) Some features in this layer are hyperlinked to the scanned county deed documents that describe the original acquisitions. Use ArcMap's <i>Hyperlink Tool (yellow lightning bolt)</i> to access deed documents. (To set up the hyperlink, open <i>Layer Properties: Display</i> tab, check the Hyperlinks box and choose the field [WEB_LINK1].) For more information about AMA's, see the following: <b>MN Statutes 86A:</b> http://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=86A.05 <b>MN Rules 6270.0200:</b> http://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/?id=6270.0200 <b> MN AMA Acquisition Plan 2008-2033:</b> http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/fish_wildlife/ama/AMA_Acquisition_Report.pdf This layer enables users to locate Fisheries-administered MNDNR lands and gather statistics for a variety of related parameters. It represents a finer resolution of the <b> State Surface Interests by Administrator: Fisheries</b> layer (under <b>Quick Layers: Ownership:</b>), which shows Fisheries-administered lands at the 40-acre parcel level. Time Period of Content date indicates the date which the user can be confident of accuracy and completeness of the dataset.
- Minnesota. Department of Natural Resources
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Environment and Property
- Temporal Coverage:
- Only publicly-accessible parcels are shown in the publicly-distributed GIS layer on MNGeospatial Commons and the DNR AMA Finder. There are no constraints on accessing this dataset.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: