1997 Digital Orthophotos, Twin Cities Metropolitan Area [Minnesota] Full Details
- 1997 Digital Orthophotos, Twin Cities Metropolitan Area [Minnesota]
- This dataset contains 265 digital, black and white orthophoto quarter-quadrangles (DOQs), 3.75' x 3.75', covering the 7 county Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) Metropolitan Area in Minnesota. Each CD-ROM contains up to 4 quarter-quadrangles of a USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle, where a quarter-quadrangle is included IF it's coverage includes any portion of the Twin cities 7 county area. The orthophotos are in UTM, Zone 15, NAD83 projection. Each image is approximately 120 Mb, with a .6 meter image pixel, and available in TIFF format. There are a total of 76 CD-ROMs plus one CD-ROM that contains one metadata record for the dataset and a header file (.hdr) for each image. These DOQs were produced using the USGS DOQ specifications except for the scan resolution (pixel size is .6m rather than 1 meter) and the file format. The original imagery was collected at 20,000 ft and centered on USGS quarter-quads. This dataset is available for direct use via the MnGeo Geospatial Image Service (Twin Cities metro layer). More information at http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/chouse/wms/geo_image_server.html Metropolitan Council purchased digital aerial photography for their 1997 generalized land use interpretation project. Digital orthophoto production from this digital imagery was found to be more useful to this project, other divisions and projects within Metropolitan Council, as well as many other organizations in the metropolitan area. Costs of the digital orthophoto productions were shared by partners with Metropolitan Council. The dates of the original aerial photography were April 13 and April 14, 1997 with a couple of reflights in late April.
- Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities Area
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Imagery and Land Cover
- Temporal Coverage:
- None. This dataset is public domain under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13). If the dataset is not available from the Online Linkage in Section 6, please contact the Distribution Contact Person.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: