Digital Orthoimagery, , Spring 2016, 1-ft Resolution [Minnesota--Twin Cities] Full Details
- Digital Orthoimagery, , Spring 2016, 1-ft Resolution [Minnesota--Twin Cities]
- This dataset contains leaf-off, 4-band (red, green, blue, near-infrared (RGBI)) digital orthophoto imagery of the Twin Cities metropolitan area in east-central Minnesota. 268 digital orthophoto quarter quadrangle (DOQQ) tiles were produced at 30-cm (1-foot) resolution from new aerial photography captured in the spring of 2016. The counties of Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington were originally captured at 30-cm resolution. DOQQ tiles covering Anoka, Carver, Dakota and Scott counties were created from higher resolution 15-cm (6-inch) imagery and resampled down to 30-cm resulting in a uniform resolution for the entire project area. Project partners include the Metropolitan Council, the Minnesota IT Services' Geospatial Information Office (MnGeo), the Metropolitan Mosquito Control District, and Anoka, Carver, Dakota and Scott counties. This dataset is available for direct use via the MnGeo Geospatial Image Service (Twin Cities metro layer). More information at http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/chouse/wms/geo_image_server.html This metadata record was created by MnGeo using information supplied by Surdex Corporation, the Metropolitan Council and the Minnesota Department of Transportation. To produce four-band, leaf-off digital ortho-rectified aerial photography acquired in the spring of 2016 for the purpose of updating generalized land use data for the Twin Cities metropolitan area as well as for many other mapping and analysis functions. Ground condition. Image acquisition dates: April 9, 12, 13, 15 and 22, 2016.
- Metropolitan Council, Surdex Corporation
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Imagery and Land Cover
- Temporal Coverage:
- None. This dataset is public domain under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13). If the dataset is not available from the Online Linkage in Section 6, please contact the Distribution Contact Person.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: