2000 Digital Orthophotos, Twin Cities Metropolitan Area [Minnesota] Full Details
- 2000 Digital Orthophotos, Twin Cities Metropolitan Area [Minnesota]
- This dataset contains 267 black and white digital orthophoto quarter-quadrangles (DOQs), 3.75' x 3.75', covering the 7 county Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) Metropolitan Area in Minnesota. Each CD-ROM contains up to 4 quarter-quadrangles of a USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle, where a quarter-quadrangle is included IF it's coverage includes any portion of the Twin cities 7 county area. The orthophotos are in UTM, Zone 15, NAD83 projection. Each image is approximately 115 Mb, with a .6 meter image pixel, and available in TIFF format. There are a total of 78 CD-ROMs. These orthophotos were produced using the USGS DOQ specifications except for the file format and the scan resolution (pixel size is .6m rather than 1 meter). The original imagery was collected at 20,000 ft. and centered on USGS quarter-quads. This dataset is available for direct use via the MnGeo Geospatial Image Service (Twin Cities metro layer). More information at http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/chouse/wms/geo_image_server.html The digital orthophotos will be used for the 2000 Metropolitan Council land use interpretation project as well as for many other mapping and analysis functions. A note about zooming: The scale of the original photos (from which the digital data were created) was 1:40,000. Generally photogrammetrists suggest that the integrity of a photo image degrades noticeably after 5 times the negative scale (1:8,000 in this case), and that 10 times the negatives scale is the absolute maximum one should enlarge a photo (1:4,000). The dates of the original aerial photography were May 1, 2000 (West Half of the metro) and May 2, 2000 (East Half of the metro).
- Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities Area
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Imagery and Land Cover
- Temporal Coverage:
- None. This dataset is public domain under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13). If the dataset is not available from the Online Linkage in Section 6, please contact the Distribution Contact Person.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: