Regional Bedrock Geology 1:250,000 [Indiana] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Regional Bedrock Geology 1:250,000 [Indiana]
- BEDROCK_GEOL_RGM_IN is a polygon shapefile that shows the bedrock geology of the state of Indiana, produced from the Indiana Geological Survey Regional Geologic Map series, which was mapped at a scale of 1:250,000. The mapped stratigraphic units include selected systems, groups, and formations. Additional attributes were included from derivative products of the "Compendium of Paleozoic rock-unit stratigraphy in Indianaa revision: Indiana Geological Survey Bulletin 59 (1986)." The names of some groups, formations, and members on some of the maps have been updated to reflect the most recent nomenclature.
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- DATA DISCLAIMER This data set was compiled by Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey, using data believed to be accurate; however, a degree of error is inherent in all data. This product is distributed "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of suitability of a particular purpose or use. No attempt has been made in either the designed format or production of these data to define the limits or jurisdiction of any federal, state, or local government. These data are intended for use only at the published scale or smaller and are for reference purposes only. They are not to be construed as a legal document or survey instrument. A detailed on-the-ground survey and historical analysis of a single site may differ from this data. It is requested that the Indiana Geological Survey be cited in any products generated from this data. The following source citation should be included: BEDROCK_GEOLOGY_RGM_250K_IN: Bedrock geology of Indiana, from the Regional Geologic Map Series of the Indiana Geological Survey (Indiana Geological Survey, 1:250,000, Polygon Shapefile), compiled by A.M. Burger, N.K. Bleuer, J.L. Forsyth, A.M Gooding, H.H. Gray, J.R. Hill, G.H. Johnson, S.J. Keller, J.A. Lineback, R.S. Nicoll, A.F. Schneider, W.J. Wayne, and C.E. Wier, digital compilation by A.R. Gustin, 2013. WARRANTY Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey warrants that the media on which this product is stored will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for ninety (90) days from the date of acquisition. If such a defect is found, return the media to Publication Sales, Indiana Geological Survey, 1001 E 10th St, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1405, and it will be replaced free of charge. LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY Except for the expressed warranty above, the product is provided "AS IS", without any other warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties for product quality, or suitability to a particular purpose or use. The risk or liability resulting from the use of this product is assumed by the user. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey shares no liability with product users indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of revenue or profit, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss. Indiana University, Indiana Geological Survey is not responsible for claims by a third party. The maximum aggregate liability to the original purchaser shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the product. This report was prepared as an account of work sponsored by an agency of the United States Government. Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do no necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government or any agency thereof.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: