Underground Storage Tanks [Michigan] Full Details
This dataset was automatically cataloged from the provider's ArcGIS Hub. In some cases, information shown here may be incorrect or out-of-date. Click the 'Visit Source' button to search for items on the original provider's website.
|Click on map to inspect values
- Underground Storage Tanks [Michigan]
- Many businesses utilize underground storage tanks for products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and other liquid chemicals. Environmental damages and safety risks can result from improper installation and maintenance as well as degradation of the tanks over time. The design, construction, installation and maintenance of underground storage tanks that store regulated substances are licensed under Part 211, Underground Storage Tank Regulations, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended (NREPA) by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Those underground storage tanks that require corrective actions due to a release are regulated under Part 213, Leaking Underground Storage Tanks, of NREPA by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE). This data layer shows the locations of known underground storage tanks in Michigan including those that have a record of a release.This data is regularly updated. Field Name Alias Description OBJECTID N/A N/A ADDRESS Address Street address for the site CITY City City associated with the street address ZIPCODE Zip Code Zip code of the site LATITUDE Latitude Latitude (Y Coordinate) of the site. LONGITUDE Longitude Longitude (X Coordinate) of the site. SiteID Site ID The identification number assigned to a site SiteName Site Name The name of the site County County County where the site is located DistrictName District Name The EGLE district within which the site is located HorizontalReferenceDatum Horizontal Reference Datum Horizontal Reference Datum HorizontalCollectionMethod Horizontal Collection Method Method of collection HorizontalAccuracy Horizontal Accuracy An estimated measure of the horizontal accuracy of the point ReferencePoint Reference Point Provides a description of the relationship between the point feature and the overall site ScaleNum Scale Number The representative fraction or scale at which the point feature was mapped TotalTank Total Tank Total number of underground storage tanks at a site ActiveTank Active Tank Total number of active underground storage tanks at a site TotalRelease Total Release The total number of known releases (e.g., spilling, leaking, emitting, discharging, escaping, or leaching from an underground storage tank system into groundwater, surface water, or subsurface soils) that have occurred at the site. OpenRelease Open ReleaseThe number of releases at a site for which actions have not been taken to address contamination resulting from the tank releases (leaks). Restrictions Property Restriction Restrictions - indicates whether EGLE has knowledge of a land or resource use restriction that has been imposed at the location. HasBEA Has BEA Indicates whether a baseline environmental assessment has been submitted to EGLE at the location. LastUpdated LastUpdated The date the point was updated For more information about this data, please contact Matt Warner at WarnerM1@Michigan.gov.
- Michigan Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
- State of Michigan Open Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- This application or dataset, along with any maps, data, content and other information contained within it and all output from the application (together the “Information”), is provided as a public service, and there are no restrictions on the use, reproduction, or distribution of the Information. It is your responsibility to use the Information for a legally permissible purpose. This Information is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The State of Michigan (“State”) makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of this Information. THE STATE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE STATE WILL NOT BE LIABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CLAIM FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, RELATED TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT WILL THE STATE BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. By accessing or using this Information, you agree that you will not make any claims against the State or any of its departments, divisions, officers, or employees related to your use of the Information. These terms are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to conflict of laws provisions. Nothing in these terms is meant to impact or replace any existing rights or licenses, such as copyright, trademark, or patent protections, in materials or content that may be located on the site or portal containing the Information.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: