Underground Storage Tanks [Indiana] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Underground Storage Tanks [Indiana]
- Access point locations for regulated Underground Storage Tank (UST) systems within Indiana, and is provided by personnel of Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Office of Land Quality (IDEM, OLQ). Attributes include regulatory identification numbers (IDEM), site names, IDEM program and sub-program designation, address information, and data collection dates by IDEM personnel.An underground storage tank (UST) system is a tank and any underground piping connected to the tank that has at least 10 percent of its combined volume underground. The Office of Land Quality (OLQ) does not regulate every type of storage tank. OLQ regulations apply only to UST systems that store petroleum or certain hazardous substances. OLQ helps UST owners and operators understand the regulations in order to encourage and promote voluntary compliance.The Underground Storage Tank (UST) program is responsible for registering all regulated underground storage tanks and assures that all regulated underground storage tanks meet Indiana's requirements for release detection, spill and overflow prevention and corrosion protection, and to insure that tanks not meeting those requirements are properly closed. The UST program also assures that these protection systems are operated and maintained properly.Leaking Tanks - When a regulated UST has a leak or spill, OLQ is responsible for ensuring adequate investigation and cleanup of the resulting contamination. To guarantee that that a leaking tank and its affected area are properly addressed, state and federal laws require owners and operators of UST systems to have financial responsibility. OLQ maintains the Excess Liability Trust Fund (ELTF) to provide a mechanism for the reimbursement of money spent by UST owners and operators on the cleanup of petroleum released from USTs. It also provides the federally mandated financial assurance for owners and operators of petroleum USTs and a source of money for the indemnification of third parties.
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- THE INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (IDEM), ITS EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY AND ACCURACY OF DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY INFORMATION RETRIEVED FROM OR DELIVERED TO AN INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY THROUGH THE AUSPICES OF IDEM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND INCLUDES ALL FAULTS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE RECIPIENT, OF THE DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT HAS RECEIVED ADEQUATE NOTICE THAT USE OF THE DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES IS AT RECIPIENTS OWN RISK.IDEM AND OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE AFOREMENTIONED MATERIAL, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUSES, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, RESULTS, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE OR LACK OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, AND CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION. FURTHER THE ABOVE LIST OF DISCLAIMED WARRANTIES IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE DISCLAIMED. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR PERFORMANCE OF THE DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES IS BORNE BY THE RECIPIENT.EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL IDEM OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR: LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING GOOD FAITH AND REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE, THE DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, EVEN IF THE RECIPIENT IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. RECIPIENT'S SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE THE USE OF THE DATA, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: