NJDEP National Shellfish Sanitation Program (NSSP) Monitoring Stations for New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- NJDEP National Shellfish Sanitation Program (NSSP) Monitoring Stations for New Jersey [New Jersey]
- The data represents monitoring stations both active and historical that are sampled by the Bureau of Marine Water Monitoring (BMWM) for the National Shellfish Sanitation Program (NSSP). A scheduling system indicating which NSSP stations and the number of visits per year to each station are established at the beginning of each year at BMWM. Field staff collect water samples at these stations and drop the samples off for Fecal Coliform bacteria lab analysis at the Leeds Point facility. The results from these samples dictate NSSP status classifications of Approved, Prohibited, Special Restricted, Seasonal (Jan - Apr), or Seasonal (Jan - Nov) for NJ's marine waters. Data results for the NSSP Program that were analyzed by Leeds Point are uploaded into NJDEP's Water Quality Data Exchange (WQDE) system. During the upload process, numerous QA procedures are run to verify data integrity. Once data has passed the quality control checks, the data resides in NJDEP's COMPASS database. It is from this database that the stations are created and the raw data results related to the stations originate. This is accomplished through several Builder routines. Only data (stations and lab results) that are loaded into COMPASS will be reflected in this dataset.
- Water Monitoring
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: 'This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed.' 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: