Landscape 3.3 Data for Skylands Region of New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Landscape 3.3 Data for Skylands Region of New Jersey [New Jersey]
- The Landscape Project combines documented wildlife locations with NJDEP aerial photo-based 2012 Land Use/Land Cover (LULC) to delineate imperiled and special concern species habitat within New Jersey. Many species occurrence locations cannot be published because they may represent nest sites, roost sites, dens and other sites used by species that are vulnerable to human disturbance and, in some cases, susceptible to illegal collection. At the same time, wildlife moves, as individual animals use various habitat features within the landscape to fulfill their foraging, sheltering and breeding needs. Therefore, protecting individual occurrences or the area used by one individual is generally not sufficient to protect the local population. Landscape Project maps address these issues by displaying habitat patches that animals use and that are required to support local populations, rather than pinpointing exact locations of the most sensitive wildlife sites or simply protecting points where species happened to be observed at one point in time. Prior to combining species occurrence data with LULC data to form the habitat patches that make up the Species-Based Habitat layer, each dataset was generated according to a specific data development process.
- State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW), Endangered and Nongame Species Program (ENSP).
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- This data set is a product of the Landscape Project, a pro-active, ecosystem-level approach to the long-term protection of imperiled and priority species and their important habitats in New Jersey. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed." 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: