Terrestrial Wildlife Habitat Stepping Stones in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
This dataset was automatically cataloged from the provider's ArcGIS Hub. In some cases, information shown here may be incorrect or out-of-date. Click the 'Visit Source' button to search for items on the original provider's website.
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Terrestrial Wildlife Habitat Stepping Stones in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- Animals need to be able to move through the landscape to find food, mates, and other resources. Without that ability to move, long-term viability of populations is in jeopardy. New Jersey is facing increasing habitat loss and fragmentation from steady urbanization, a dense network of roads, and a changing climate that are compromising the connectivity of habitat and resiliency of wildlife populations. Connecting Habitat Across New Jersey (CHANJ) represents a statewide habitat connectivity plan, developed in collaboration with a multi-partner, multi-disciplinary working group representing over 40 different agencies across the state, convened by the ENSP to address the importance of landscape permeability for the persistence of native terrestrial wildlife species. CHANJ mapping identifies core terrestrial wildlife habitat and corridors connecting them across the state, as well as intersecting road segments that serve as road barrier mitigation opportunities. The mapping is based on a naturalness index approach, and utilized core and corridor delineation GIS toolsets, Core Mapper and Linkage Mapper (www.circuitscape.org). Terrestrial species location data were used to inform model parameters and for validation. The Stepping Stones mapping was developed using the same methodology used to develop the CHANJ Cores, but with a smaller minimum threshold area size and are meant to help with connectivity planning by identifying areas within CHANJ Corridors that are more intact than others and may "live in" habitat for smaller, less vagile terrestrial wildlife species. The mapping was developed using raster data (10m grid cell size), and then converted to polygons for the final product.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed." 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: