NJ Neighborhood Preservation Program Approved Neighborhoods [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- NJ Neighborhood Preservation Program Approved Neighborhoods [New Jersey]
- These boundaries define approved Neighborhood Preservation Program (NPP) District Boundaries within which qualifying New Jersey municipalities must focus all NPP community engagement, data analysis, stakeholder outreach, and Local NPP activities during the NPP Implementation Phase. Each municipality and its partners must use these NPP boundaries when completing their NPP Implementation Plans that define the work of the local partners for a five-year designation period. The NPP is a program of targeted grants and a robust array of technical assistance and training that encourage and promote the social and economic strengthening and development of neighborhoods by enhancing four NPP Values: Place, Economic, Social and Civic. The NPP directly serves targeted neighborhoods throughout New Jersey and provides money and support to revitalize areas in decline.Municipalities are eligible to apply for the NPP if they have a local residential area that meets the "threatened, but viable" criteria. The criteria define neighborhoods that are beginning to decline, but can be rehabilitated and restored by cultivating existing social, economic, financial and technical resources toward the development and implementation of planned activities that sustain neighborhood vitality, according to the state. NPP funds may be used for administrative costs; placemaking; small business assistance; community planning; housing rehabilitation, code enforcement, and related commercial rehabilitation/revitalization; educational, self-help activities, and neighborhood organization; demolition, site clearance, and property acquisition and disposition; and infrastructure and public facility improvements in conjunction with neighborhood rehabilitation activities.
- New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA), Local Planning Services (LPS)
- New Jersey Geographic Information Network (NJGIN) Open Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- This data set is not survey data and must not be used as survey data. See the balance of this metadata record for conditions that limit appropriate uses. Acknowledgement of the data set providers [NJ Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA) Office of Local Planning Services (LPS); and NJ Office of Information Technology, Office of GIS (NJOGIS)], would be appreciated for maps, data or other products derived from this data set. The State of New Jersey makes great effort to provide secure, accurate, and complete data and metadata. However, portions of the data and metadata may be incorrect or not current. Any errors or omissions should be reported for investigation. The State of New Jersey, its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of data and metadata, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such data and metadata, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of those materials. The data and metadata are provided "as is." No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the data and metadata, or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources. The State disclaims any duty or obligation either to maintain availability of or to update the data and metadata. All web site data distribution by the Department of Community Affairs is, in addition, subject to the Conditions of Use for State of New Jersey executive branch web sites, listed on the State’s Legal Statement & Disclaimers page https://www.nj.gov/nj/legal.html.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: