Le Diocese de Sarlat: Diocoesis Sarlatensis. Full Details
- Le Diocese de Sarlat: Diocoesis Sarlatensis.
- Relief show pictorially. The title cartouche includes a man and woman atop a monument bearing a crowned French coat of arms and supported by two manticores. Includes two inscriptions, the first reads "a Amsterdam imprimé ches Henrii Hondius, et se vendent a Paris ches Melchoir Tavernier aupres du Palais." (Published at the publishing house of Henry Hondius in Amsterdam and sold in the shop of Melchoir Tavernier in Paris near the Palace). The second located by the title cartouche "Delineabat Joannes Tardo, canonieus Ecclesiae Sarlati, 1625." This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson in 1631-33, 1633, and 1637. From the Jansson Appendix Atlas 1636-1680, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan. 1 map; 35 x 46 cm.
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651, Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664, Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas, Tavernier, Melchior, 1594-1665, seller., and Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner.
- University of Michigan
- Resource Class:
- Temporal Coverage:
- approximately 1636
- This map is in the public domain.
- Rights Holder:
- Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library. https://www.lib.umich.edu/about-us/policies/copyright-policy
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: