MetroGIS Regional Parcel Dataset (Year End 2004) [Minnesota] Full Details
Tip: This page displays a preview of one layer from the Counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington ArcGIS Rest Service. However, if the web service is in a different project or contains multiple layers, it may not display. Try opening the layer in ArcGIS Online or click the "Visit Source" to browse for other layers in the service.
|Click on map to inspect values|
- MetroGIS Regional Parcel Dataset (Year End 2004) [Minnesota]
- This dataset is a compilation of tax parcel polygon and point layers from the seven Twin Cities, Minnesota metropolitan area counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington. The seven counties were assembled into a common coordinate system. No attempt has been made to edgematch or rubbersheet between counties. A standard set of attribute fields is included for each county. (See section 5 of the metadata). The attributes are the same for the polygon and points layers. Not all attributes are populated for all counties. This is an annual version of the MetroGIS Regional Parcel Dataset that can be used with other annual versions to do change analysis and time series investigations. This dataset is intended to contain all updates to each county's parcel data through the end of 2004. It was originally published as the 'January 1, 2005' version of the dataset. See the Currentness Reference below and the Entity and Attribute information in Section 5 for more information about the dates for specific aspects of the dataset. The polygon layer contains one record for each real estate/tax parcel polygon within each county's parcel dataset. Some counties will polygons for each individual condominium, and others do not. (See Completeness in Section 2 of the metadata for more information.) The points layer includes the same attribute fields as the polygon dataset. The points are intended to provide information in situations where multiple tax parcels are represented by a single polygon. The primary example of this is the condominium. Condominiums, by definition, are legally owned as individual, taxed real estate units. Records for condominiums may not show up in the polygon dataset. The points for the point dataset often will be randomly placed or stacked within the parcel polygon with which they are associated. The polygon layer is broken into individual county shape files. The points layer is one file for the entire metro area. In many places a one-to-one relationship does not exist between these parcel polygons or points and the actual buildings or occupancy units that lie within them. There may be many buildings on one parcel and there may be many occupancy units (e.g. apartments, stores or offices) within each building. Additionally, no information exists within this dataset about residents of parcels. Parcel owner and taxpayer information exists for many, but not all counties. Polygon and point counts for each county are as follows (based on the January, 2005 dataset): Anoka = 124,042 polygons, 124,042 points Carver = 32,910 polygons, 32,910 points Dakota = 130,989 polygons, 141,444 points Hennepin = 353,759 polygons, 399,184 points Ramsey = 148,266 polygons, 163,376 points Scott = 49,958 polygons, 49,958 points Washington = 93,794 polygons, 96,570 points This is a MetroGIS Regionally Endorsed dataset. Each of the seven Metro Area counties has entered into a multiparty agreement with the Metropolitan Council to assemble and distribute the parcel data for each county as a regional (seven county) parcel dataset. A standard set of attribute fields is included for each county. The attributes are identical for the point and polygon datasets. Not all attributes fields are populated by each county. Detailed information about the attributes can be found in the <a href="https://resources.gisdata.mn.gov/pub/gdrs/data/pub/us_mn_state_metrogis/plan_regonal_parcels_2004/metadata/MetroGIS_Regional_Parcels_Attributes_2004.pdf" target=_blank>MetroGIS Regional Parcels Attributes 2004</a> document. Additional information may be available in the individual metadata for each county at the links listed below. Also, any questions or comments about suspected errors or omissions in this dataset can be addressed to the contact person listed in the individual county metadata. Anoka = http://www.anokacounty.us/315/GIS Caver = http://www.co.carver.mn.us/GIS Dakota = http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/homeproperty/propertymaps/pages/default.aspx Hennepin: http://www.hennepin.us/gisopendata Ramsey = https://www.ramseycounty.us/your-government/open-government/research-data Scott = http://www.scottcountymn.gov/1183/GIS-Data-and-Maps Washington = http://www.co.washington.mn.us/index.aspx?NID=1606 To view, analyze and display parcel data anywhere in the seven county metro area. This dataset reflects the status of each county's parcel polygon and attribute data as of the following dates: Anoka = 12/21/2004 for polygons and 11/26/2004 for attributes Carver = 01/24/2005 for polygons and 01/24/2005 for attributes Dakota = 12/30/2004 for polygons and 12/30/2004 for attributes Hennepin = ? for polygons and ? for attributes Ramsey = 01/11/2005 for polygons, attribute dates vary Scott = 01/05/2005 for polygons and 01/03/2005 for attributes Washington = 11/30/2004 for polygons and 11/30/2004 for attributes
- Counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Temporal Coverage:
- None. This dataset is public domain under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13). If the dataset is not available from the Online Linkage in Section 6, please contact the Distribution Contact Person.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: