1874 Sanborn Insurance Diagram of Trenton, NJ (Sheet 11 of 20) Full Details
- 1874 Sanborn Insurance Diagram of Trenton, NJ (Sheet 11 of 20)
- Sanborn Maps were originally created for assessing fire insurance liability and include detailed information about building construction and function, street names and width, natural features, and house and block numbers. The index page features a master index with a map of the entire city divided into 19 hand-colored sections. The sections are numbered to correspond to the individual large scale maps in the bound volume. The Index page also includes an index of streets and addresses and a "specials" index with names of businesses, schools, churches and other points of interest. There is a comprehensive color-coded Key to the symbols and information used on the maps. This is Sheet 11 of the large scale maps within the bound volume of the 1874 Sanborn Insurance Diagram of Trenton, NJ. The map scale is 1" = 50'. The Sanborn maps of the city of Trenton originally published in 1874 have been corrected to May 1880, October 1884 and 1885, February and April 1886. The scale of the maps is 1" = 50 '
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick
- Resource Class:
- Trentoniana Historic Map Collection
- Date Issued:
- This resource may be copyright protected. You may make use of this resource, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial uses only. Contact the contributing organization to obtain permission for reproduction, publication, and commercial use.
- Rights Holder:
- Trenton Free Public Library
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: