Town and Corporation of Bargin [Bergen], 1727 : survey map of land granted the Freeholders of Bergen by Phillip Carteret, beginning at the great rock above Weehawken through the woods and meadows above the island of Secaucus, along the Hackensack River to Bergen Point, then along the Kill Van Kull to Constable's Hook, and from thence all along the Hudson River and the west of Pavonia to the Great Rock again.
Colonial era map showing what would become Hudson County, and a portion of Staten Island. Title text refers to the British regranting of the Dutch township titles. Geographic details include Snake Hill (Secaucus), Bergen Point and Constable's Hook (Bayonne), Caven Point (Jersey City), and Weehawken Rock, as well as the Mill Creek (since filled in) and Pinhorn Creek, now the border between Jersey City and Secaucus. Notations indicate early 18th century settlements at Bergen, Communipaw, Paulus Hook and Pavonia, all now Jersey City, and Hoboken.
By Order of Wander Didrec, Esq. and John Sip, Esq, two of His Majesty's Justices of the Peace of the Town and Corporation of Bergen
The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries.Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.