Category One (C1) Waters of New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Category One (C1) Waters of New Jersey [New Jersey]
- Advisory: C1 Waters are a reselect of the Surface Water Quality Standard's (SWQS) CATEGORY attribute. The information contained in this metadata record reflects the SWQS data. As stated in this metadata record's Use Constraints section, NJDEP makes no representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form. By downloading this data, user agrees to the data use constraints listed within this metadata record. This data is a digital representation of New Jersey's Surface Water Quality Standards in accordance with "Surface Water Quality Standards for New Jersey Waters" as designated in N.J.A.C. 7:9 B. The Surface Water Quality Standards (SWQS) establish the designated uses to be achieved and specify the water quality (criteria) necessary to protect the State's waters. Designated uses include potable water, propagation of fish and wildlife, recreation, agricultural and industrial supplies, and navigation. These are reflected in use classifications assigned to specific waters. The line-work has been broken/altered to reflect the descriptions specified at N.J.A.C. 7:9B-1.15. When interpreting the stream classifications and anti-degradation designations, the descriptions specified in the SWQS at N.J.A.C. 7:9B-1.15 always take precedence. The GIS layer reflects the stream classifications and anti-degradation designations adopted as of the publication date and is supplemental only and is not legally binding.
- Water Monitoring
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: 'This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed.' 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: