Deer Management Zones in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Deer Management Zones in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife (DFW) manages deer herd in New Jersey through the use of deer management zones (DMZ). The Division, under authority of the Fish and Game Council designates these boundaries. Deer Management Zone boundaries are comprised of major and minor roads, waterways and geographic formations. Included for references are the county and township data. DMZs are updated on an as needed basis. New Jersey's deer herd is a major component of the landscape throughout all but the most urbanized areas of the state. Deer affect our forests, farms, gardens, backyards and roadways. From a population reduced to a handful of deer in the early 1900s they rebounded during the 20th Century to a thriving herd today. A healthy deer herd, managed at levels that are compatible with current land use practices and the human population, has great value to the people of the state. Deer are photographed, watched and hunted by many in New Jersey and visitors from elsewhere. Deer hunters spend more than 100 million dollars each year as they enjoy approximately 1.5 million recreation-days hunting deer. Money spent in the course of deer hunting benefits a wide variety of New Jersey businesses. Please visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/ for more information and detailed instructions pertaining to permit/license issues.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW), Office of Fish and Wildlife Information Systems
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Use and Distribution Agreement I. DESCRIPTION OF DATA TO BE PROVIDED Before receiving and/or using NJDEP data layers, the user agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the following: SUBJECT DATA LAYERS For all data contained herein, (NJDEP) makes no representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form. II. TERMS OF AGREEMENT 1. Digital data received from the NJDEP are to be used solely for internal purposes in the conduct of daily affairs. 2. The data are provided, as is, without warranty of any kind and the user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the associated metadata file. Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact and any data manipulation documented in the metadata by the user. NJDEP assumes no responsibility for any reproduction or data manipulation done by the user. 3. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed for use by anyone without first obtaining permission from the NJDEP via email email@example.com. This clause is not intended to restrict distribution of printed mapped information produced from the digital data. 4. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize NJDEP digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized." 5. Users shall require any independent contractor, hired to undertake work that will utilize digital data obtained from the NJDEP, to agree not to use, reproduce, or redistribute NJDEP GIS data for any purpose other than the specified contractual work. All copies of NJDEP GIS data utilized by an independent contractor will be required to be returned to the original user at the close of such contractual work. Users hereby agree to abide by the use and reproduction conditions specified above and agree to hold any independent contractor to the same terms. By using data provided herein, the user acknowledges that terms and conditions have been read and that the user is bound by these criteria.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: