Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) for Streamsheds in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) for Streamsheds in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- The pollutants of concern for these Stream TMDLs are fecal coliform and total phosphorus. Concentrations of these pollutants were found to exceed New Jersey's Surface Water Quality Standards (SWQS), published at N.J.A.C. 7-9B et seq., for the segments identified in the Reports. In accordance with Section 305(b) of the Federal Clean Water Act (CWA), the State of New Jersey developed the 2002, 2004 and 2006 Integrated List of Waterbodies, addressing the overall water quality of the State's waters and identifying impaired waterbodies for which Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) may be necessary. As reported in the 2002, 2004 and 2006 Integrated List of Waterbodies, also identified is the river miles and management response associated with each listed segment. Nonpoint and stormwater point sources are the primary contributors to loads in these streams and can include storm-driven loads transporting fecal coliform form sources such as geese, farms, and domestic pets to the receiving water. Nonpoint sources also include steady-inputs from sources such as failing sewage conveyance systems and failing or inappropriately located septic systems. In some instances, point sources such as publicly-owned treatment works can contribute to phosphorus loads, and therefore will have further restrictions on effluent limits. The TMDLs are derived from waste load allocations from point sources plus load allocations from non-point sources and a margin of safety to account for uncertainty in the model.
- Bureau of Environmental Analysis, Restoration and Standards (BEARS)
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed." 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: