Solid Waste Landfill Site Locations in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Solid Waste Landfill Site Locations in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- This data set represents the location of sites within New Jersey that are regulated by the New Jersey Solid Waste Management Act at N.J.S.A. 13:1E-1 et seq., appropriate parts of the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) codified at 40 C.F.R., the New Jersey Comprehensive Regulated Medical Waste Management Act at N.J.S.A. 13:1E-48.1 et seq, and the New Jersey Statewide Mandatory Source Separation and Recycling Act at N.J.S.A. 13:1E-99.11 et seq. The Division of Sustainable Waste Management regulates safe management of solid waste, RCRA hazardous waste, regulated medical waste (RMW), and recycling of source separated recyclable materials through guidance, technical assistance, regulations, permits, approvals, environmental monitoring, compliance evaluation and enforcement. Waste types handled at these facilities include solid waste types specified at N.J.A.C 7:26-2.13(g), hazardous waste types specified at 40 C.F.R. part 261 subparts A through D, and RMW types (classes) specified at N.J.A.C. 7:26-3A.6(a). NJDEP is authorized by EPA to administer the federal RCRA hazardous waste program. This dataset does not include all landfills in the State of New Jersey. This extracted dataset was generated to help promote solar installations that provide economic and environmental benefits to the State of New Jersey. The dataset includes Solid Waste Landfill Sites' locations as well as the approximate limits of the landfilled waste. The dataset is comprised of landfill extents that the Division of Sustainable Waste Management was able to map with a reasonable confidence level based on data provided by facilities/applicants. The dataset is generated in Arc/INFO based on facility address, Block and Lot information and engineering design drawings submitted as part of a facility's application for a permit and/or approval or reports of site investigations. The dataset is intended to provide reasonable representations of landfill boundaries for planning and other purposes. Data has been updated in 2020 using ArcMap 10.5.1.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Sustainable Waste Management, Bureau of Solid Waste Permitting
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. User is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: 'This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed.' 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: