Transportation Analysis Zones (Legacy TAZ System w/1,566 Zones) with Current Forecasts [Minnesota] Full Details
Tip: This page displays a preview of one layer from the Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities Area ArcGIS Rest Service. However, if the web service is in a different project or contains multiple layers, it may not display. Try opening the layer in ArcGIS Online or click the "Visit Source" to browse for other layers in the service.
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Transportation Analysis Zones (Legacy TAZ System w/1,566 Zones) with Current Forecasts [Minnesota]
- This file shows the most current 2000 Transportation Analysis Zone (TAZ) system Metropolitan Council 2020-2040 forecasts for cities and townships within the 7-County Metropolitan Area and 13 adjacent counties. These forecasts are for the old TAZ system with 1,566 zones. Note:forecasts for the new official TAZ system with 3,030 zones are available in theTransportation Analysis Zones (Official TAZ System w/3,030 Zones) with Current Forecasts shapefile. IMPORTANT NOTES: These TAZ forecasts will change multiple times over the next few years. The Metropolitan Council will ask cities and townships to allocate their TAZ forecasts as part of their 2018 Comprehensive Plan Update (go to http://www.metrocouncil.org/Handbook/Plan-Elements/Transportation.aspx for more information about this process). Communities may also revise their current TAZ forecasts before the 2018 Comprehensive Plan Update. In the meantime, the Council provides these Current TAZ forecasts for transportation planning. If you are using TAZ forecasts for analysis and/or transportation planning, please download the latest version of this shapefile to ensure you are using the most up-to-date data. If you represent a community that wants to revise your TAZ forecasts, please contact your community's sector representative or Dennis Farmer (see contact information at the end of this document). TAZ forecasts will be updated periodically as cities and townships review and comment on the TAZ forecasts, or as new data becomes available. The Council will ask all cities to review their TAZ forecasts as part of their Comprehensive Plan Update in 2018. These TAZ forecasts replace a previous set of TAZ forecasts the Council published October 2014. Those forecasts were based on the Thrive MSP 2040 community forecasts adopted in May 2013. In July 2015, the Council adopted updated community forecasts in preparation for issuing System Statements for communities to use in their 2018 Comprehensive Plan Updates. The Current TAZ Forecasts available here for download reflect those July 2015 updated forecasts, and any subsequent revisions, including: -December 21, 2015 --TAZ forecasts revised based on year 2014 esimtates for household, population, and employment --St. Paul TAZ forecasts updated to reflect comments from city. Household/population data is based on 2010 US decennial Census. 2014 houshold and population estimates are based on the Council's building permit data. Employment data is based on MN DEED data and on US Census Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics data. -January 14, 2016: --Added forecasts for 13 adjacent counties (i.e. TAZs > 1201) -January 21, 2016: --Shapefile renamed and retitled --Revisions made to adjacent county forecasts based changes to how block groups were assigned to TAZs. Affected household projections. --Revisions to adjacent county employment due to corrections to 2014 employment estimates . Affected adjacent county employment projections. --Revisions to 7-county area household and employment projections to prevent TAZs from losing households or employment between 2014 and 2040. Affects some TAZs that experienced high growth from 2010-2014. --Some revisions to 7-county area employment projections based on changes in how growth was distributed between TAZs. Affected employment growth in some TAZs that shared by multiple cities. -March 1, 2016: --Revisions to TAZ in the following communities based on comments from community staff: ----Brooklyn Center ----Brooklyn Park ----Crystal ----Eden Prairie ----Edina ----Golden Valley ----Hopkins ----Minneapolis ----Minnetonka ----Robbinsdale --Corrected values in person per household columns --Revisions to 2030 forecasts -June 21, 2016: --Revisions to TAZ in the following communities based on comments from community staff: --- St. Paul --- Bloomington --Also removed duplicate records for TAZ numbers 1531 and 1575 -December 29 , 2016 --Revisions to TAZ in the following communities based on comments from community staff: --- St. Paul --- Stillwater Township -April 4, 2018: --Revisions were made to TAZs in the adjacent counties to reflect revisions to the State Demographer's county projections (issued in 2017). Employment in the adjacent counties were similarily updated to fit with expected future supply. --The Metropolitan Council's method for segmenting total employment into retail and nonretail was improved and revised, which slightly altered TAZ employment totals within some cities. --TAZ forecasts in many cities were changed to reflect community comments, comprehensive plan ammendments, and comprehensive plan updates, including: --- Medina --- St. Loius Park --- Mendota Heights --- Plymouth --- Shoreview --- Richfield --- Edina --- Ramsey --- Stillwater Township --- New Brighton --- Baytown Township --- Ramsey --- Stillwater Township --- New Brighton --- Baytown Township -May 11, 2018: --Made revisions to population and persons per household sizes for some TAZs in Minneapolis. -May 21, 2019 --Made revisions to some TAZ employment totals based on updated employment data --Made revisions to some TAZs based on community input from Comprehensive Plan Ammendments and Comprehenisve Plan Updates. These include inputs from the following communities: ---Baytown Township ---Burnsville ---Castle Rock Twp. ---Coates ---Coon Rapids ---Crystal ---Douglas Twp. ---Eagan ---Eden Prairie ---Edina ---Empire Township ---Eureka Township ---Forest Lake ---Greenvale Twp ---Hamburg ---Hampton Twp ---Inver Grove Heights ---Landfall ---Loretto ---Marine On St Croix ---Marshan Twp ---Medina ---Miesville ---New Brighton ---New Germany ---New Trier ---Newport ---Nininger Twp ---Oak Grove ---Oakdale ---Orono ---Osseo ---Randolph ---Randolph Twp ---Ravenna Twp ---Scandia ---Shoreview ---Stillwater Township ---Tonka Bay ---Vermillion ---Vermillion Twp ---Waterford Twp ---West Lakeland Twp. ---West St. Paul ---Woodbury -September 27, 2019 --Made revisions to some TAZs based on community input, including from Comprehensive Plan Ammendments and Comprehenisve Plan Updates. These include revisions for the following communities: ---Arden Hills ---Belle Plain ---Blaine ---Bloomington ---Brooklyn Center ---Columbia Heights ---Columbus ---Deephaven ---Denmark Twp ---Eden Prairie ---Excelsior ---Fort Snelling/MSP ---Hugo ---Laketown Twp ---Lakeville ---Mahtomedi ---Maple Grove ---Maplewood ---Mayer ---Minneapolis ---Minnestrista ---North St Paul ---Plymouth ---Richfield ---Rogers ---Rosemount ---Scandia ---Spring Lake Park ---Spring Lake Twp ---St Francis ---St Loius Park ---St Paul ---Stillwater ---Vadnais Heights ---Victoria -April 1, 2020 --Added year 2018 estimates for TAZs --Made revisions to some TAZs based on community input, including from Comprehensive Plan Ammendments and Comprehenisve Plan Updates, from the following communities: --Belle Plaine Twp. --Benton Twp. --Blakeley Twp. --Brooklyn Park --Camden Twp. --Carver --Cedar Lake Twp. --Chanhassen --Chaska --Cologne --Corcoran --Credit River Twp. --Dahlgren Twp. --Eagan --Falcon Heights --Farmington --Golden Valley --Greenfield --Greenwood --Grey Cloud Island Twp. --Hampton --Hancock Twp. --Helena Twp. --Hollywood Twp. --Jackson Twp. --Lake Elmo --Laketown Twp. --Landfall --Lauderdale --Lilydale --Linwood Twp. --Louisville Twp. --May Twp. --Mayer --Medicine Lake --Minnetonka Beach --Mound --New Hope --New Market Twp. --New Prague (submitted by Scott Co.) --Norwood Young America --Nowthen --Oak Park Heights --Prior Lake --San Francisco Twp. --Sand Creek Twp. --Shakopee --Spring Lake Twp. --St. Lawrence Twp. --St. Louis Park --St. Paul --Sunfish Lake --Tonka --Vadnais Heights --Waconia --Waconia Twp. --Watertown Twp. --White Bear Twp. --Woodland --Young America Twp.
- Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities Area
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Temporal Coverage:
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: