Shellfish Leases in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Shellfish Leases in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- This data layer provides the location of all shellfish leases in the Atlantic Coast and Delaware Bay regions of New Jersey. These leases are used exclusively for the planting and cultivating of shellfish by the lessee. Leases are granted by the New Jersey Shellfisheries Council, upon approval from the Commissioner of the NJDEP. These data show the location and areas of leases within Atlantic Coastal bays and estuaries and in the Delaware Bay region of New Jersey. These data may change monthly depending on leasing transactions, i.e. Council actions to approved pending leases, leases vacated due to non-payment or lessee action. These data were created to facilitate the leasing program within the Atlantic Coast and Delaware Bay regions of New Jersey. These data are regularly updated on monthly basis.Authority of the NJ Shellfisheries Council is to Grant Leases is by Title 50, NJSA 50:1-24 and codified in the Leasing of Atlantic Coast Bottom for Aquaculture regulations at NJAC 7:25-24. This data is typically updated monthly due to new and vacated leases. Atlantic Coast Leases are measured in Acres or Linear Feet (length of bank out to 16 ft depth at mean low water). Linear Feet applies to leases in the Mullica River, Motts Creek and tributaries. This measurement was established on May 12, 1917 by the Board of Shell Fisheries. There were a few leases, however, near the mouth of Nacote Creek in the Mullica River that are in acres.Relay Leases - all special hard clam relay leases within Atlantic Coastal bays and estuaries of New Jersey are used exclusively for the planting of hard clams harvested from marginally polluted waters "Restricted", under the DEP shellfish resource recovery program, for the purpose of utilizing these hard clam resources by cleansing them to health standards for marketing and human consumption as codified under NJAC 7:25-15 and NJAC 7:12-9. Leases are granted by the New Jersey Shellfisheries Council, upon approval from the Commissioner of the NJDEP. This authority of the Council is to grant leases is by Title 50, NJSA 50:1-24 and codified in the Leasing of Atlantic Coast Bottom for Aquaculture regulations at NJAC 7:25-24. These data are typically updated monthly due to new and vacated leases when the program is active. There are three designated special relay lease areas, Tuckerton, Little Egg Harbor Bay; Laurel Harbor, Barnegat Bay and Great Bay, Great Bay. These data were created to facilitate and manage the hard clam relay program within the Atlantic Coast region of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW), Office of Fish and Wildlife Information Systems
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed." 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: