Best Available Flood Hazard Zones of Indiana Current - IDNR [Indiana] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Best Available Flood Hazard Zones of Indiana Current - IDNR [Indiana]
- Read-Only view of Best Available Flood Hazard Layer. Best available flood hazard data for Indiana. It includes effective mapping with additional updates based on the Zone A mapping project data, DNR model reviews, and other floodplain data that is not FEMA approved but is considered "best available" by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.The data layer "Best Available Flood Hazard Area" ("Best Available") is the Effective with additional studies that have been reviewed and approved by the Division of Water. While this data has not yet been submitted to FEMA for inclusion in the FIRMs or NFHL (DFIRMs), this data can be used for general planning, construction, and development purposes. However, Best Available cannot be used for flood insurance determinations. The majority of local jurisdictions have options for using best available data; however typically only the FEMA floodplain limits have been adopted into the local floodplain ordinance.The floodplain data shown in the Best Available layer is generally more recent than the official FEMA NHFL data in the Effective layer. However, while the Best Available layer has been approved by the Division of Water, this data not gone through the due process standards FEMA requires for publication in the NFHL.Where a floodway analysis has been completed, an "Approximate Floodway" is included in the Best Available layer. These floodways are based on non-detailed floodplain modeling (i.e. no bridges), but otherwise meet the guidelines for development of floodways in Indiana. These floodways are acceptable for general use in determining jurisdiction for the Indiana Flood Control Act, but should be used with caution. These floodways do not meet the requirements for publication in the FIRMs or NFHL.
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- No restrictions: This item, including its underlying data, is distributed "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of suitability of a particular purpose or use. These data are graphical representations and are for reference purposes only. They are not to be construed as a legal document or survey instrument. A detailed on-the-ground survey and historical analysis of individual features may differ from this data.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: