Gelman Site of 1,4-Dioxane Contamination - Prohibition Zones 4th CJ [Michigan] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Gelman Site of 1,4-Dioxane Contamination - Prohibition Zones 4th CJ [Michigan]
- Groundwater in parts of Washtenaw County is contaminated with the industrial solvent 1,4-dioxane related to the Gelman Sciences/ Pall Life Sciences (Gelman) Site. In order to protect the public, the Washtenaw County Circuit Court issued an order in May 2005 to prevent exposure to groundwater in portions of the City of Ann Arbor and Ann Arbor and Scio Townships. In late 2015, EGLE and Gelman began negotiations to revise the Third Amended Consent Judgment (3rd CJ) that govern response activities at the Gelman Site located in Scio Township and the City of Ann Arbor. After nearly four years of negotiations, on August 12, 2020, the parties reached agreement on a proposed Fourth Amended and Restated Consent Judgment (4th CJ). Part of this proposed 4th CJ is the expansion of the existing Prohibition Zone (PZ) institutional control requiring municipal water use. The areas shown in this feature class were created by The Mannik and Smith Group (MSG), under contract with EGLE Remediation and Redevelopment Division (RRD), by georectifying PDF figures provided by EGLE and digitizing the polygons. The source files are available on the EGLE Gelman Sciences, Inc. Site of Contamination Information Page and can be accessed through the links below. Sources:March 2007 PZ Fact SheetLink to March 2011 Groundwater Restriction ProLink to 2021 Fourth Amended Consent Judgment - Attachment E - Summary of PZ Restrictions and Maphibition ZoneThis data is used in theGelman Site of 1,4-Dioxane Contamination web map(item details).If you have questions regarding the Gelman Sciences, Inc site of contamination contact Dan Hamel at 517-745-6595 orHamelD@michigan.gov.Report problems or data functionality suggestions toEGLE-Maps@Michigan.gov.
- Michigan Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
- State of Michigan Open Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- This dataset is a public record and, as more fully described below, there are no restrictions on the use, reproduction, or distribution of this dataset. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the public release of this dataset should not be construed, expressed or implied, as to whether any use constitutes a legally permissible purpose. It is the sole responsibility of the user to determine if the data is usable for their purposes. This dataset is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (hereinafter referred to as EGLE) makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of this dataset. EGLE also does not make any warranties, express or implied, for the continued quality, accuracy, or currency of this dataset after it has been downloaded, nor the quality or accuracy of any analyses or re-uses of this dataset. EGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS DATASET AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE STATE WILL NOT BE LIABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CLAIM FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, RELATED TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS DATASET. IN NO EVENT WILL EGLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS DATASET, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. You forever release EGLE, its divisions, officers, and employees from all claims, rights, actions, demands, damages, liabilities, expenses and fees, which arise out of or relate to your access or use of this dataset. You must defend, indemnify and hold EGLE, its divisions, officers, and employees harmless, without limitation, from and against all actions, claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, attorney fees, and expenses (including those required to establish the right to indemnification) arising out of or relating to your access or use of this dataset. EGLE reserves the right to modify or remove this dataset for any reason, without notice, at any time. Nothing in these terms constitutes or is intended to be a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to EGLE. These terms are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to conflict of laws provisions. These terms do not apply to other materials or content, including maps or logos, that may be located on the site or portal containing this dataset and that may be protected by intellectual property rights such copyright, trademark, or patent. Nothing in these terms should be construed, expressed or implied, as impacting any existing rights or licenses in such materials or content, if any.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: