Nebraska Lakes Shapes [Nebraska] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Nebraska Lakes Shapes [Nebraska]
- Layer showing shoreline boundaries for selected lakes and reservoirs in Nebraska where bathymetric surveys were conducted. This feature class is mainly to show the waters' edge in the context of bathymetric lake mapping. The lake mapping program was developed as a cooperative initiative between the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) to provide detailed survey information on Nebraska's lakes and reservoirs. Each year a list of proposed lakes and reservoirs is submitted by biologists across the state and reviewed by a committee to determine the lakes of highest priority. A number of factors are taken into consideration including Aquatic Habitat Projects, lake conditions, fish communities, and angler use. The overall goal of the program is to provide fisheries managers with detailed information to be used in management and monitoring of Nebraska's lakes. Detailed bathymetric lake maps are also produced and made available to the public on the NGPC web site.This shoreline data provides the outline of the lakes surveyed and contains information detailing when and where the survey was collected and how the bathymetric data was processed. The shoreline data is representative of the lakes that have been surveyed for bathymetric contours. Lakes that have not been surveyed are not part of this feature class, you may find the remaining waterbodies as well as these in the RecreationWaters dataset under PublicFishingAreas feature class.
- Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
- Nebraska Game & Parks Map and Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- There are no restrictions on the use and distribution of data provided in this map or service.Information displayed on this map or layer is furnished as a public service by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and is intended to be used for reference only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data provided. However, the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission makes no warranties either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of this data for any use other than display. Furthermore, the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission assumes no liability for the use or misuse of the information contained in this map or service.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: