Saltwater Fishing Access Sites in New Jersey [New Jersey] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Saltwater Fishing Access Sites in New Jersey [New Jersey]
- The Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) maintains an online database of saltwater fishing access sites and locations which directly support recreational fishing that serves as the sample frame for their shoreside survey of recreational anglers. The Site Register (SR) is a database of all access sites along the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts of the United States from which saltwater recreational fin-fishing may occur. Information provided for each site in the SR includes site descriptors, site location, and recreational fishing activity information by fishing mode (fishing from shore, private or rental boat fishing, charter boat fishing, or headboat fishing). The SR database is maintained at NOAA Fisheries and is accessed by private or public guest account on the website: https://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/siteregister/html/siteRegister.jsp (or by searching for ‘MRIP Site Register' in any web browser). The data contained within this data layer was exported from the SR on February 1, 2021.Locations identified as "Retired" within the original database were not mapped as these locations may no longer exist or may be hostile for MRIP survey purposes. Within New Jersey, 61 locations from the original February 1, 2021 data export were designated as "Retired".Upon creation of the GIS layer based upon the MRIP data, staff from the NJ Marine Fisheries Administration (MFA) reviewed the layer in order to determine whether any additional locations should be included. Upon completion of that review, one additional location was submitted by MFA staff to be included in the GIS product and is included in this dataset. MFA locations can be identified as those points with a Site ID beginning with the number 99000.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW), Office of Fish and Wildlife Information Systems
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's (NJDEP) Bureau of GIS
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Data Distribution Agreement. The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions: NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form and disclaims any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the data. Terms of Agreement 1. All data is provided, as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular use, freedom from computer virus nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact. 2. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed without all the metadata provided. 3. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize this digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer: "This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized or endorsed." 4. NJDEP makes no warranty that digital data are free of Copyright or Trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of this data may be subject to the copyright of trademark laws.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: