Household Drug Take Back Locations [Michigan] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- Household Drug Take Back Locations [Michigan]
- This dataset contains take back locations for unwanted household medications. Each feature includes the take back location facility name, address, phone number, as well as the types of materials collected there. These types includes:Controlled Medications:A controlled substance is a medication that is only legal to possess if you are properly prescribed the medication and have lawfully purchased it. The medication normally is labelled as a Schedule I, II, III, IV or V drug. Controlled substances can only be collected by law enforcement or a collection operator who is registered with the Drug Enforcement Agency. If you are not sure if your medication is a controlled substance, check thecontrolled substance listor contact your pharmacy. Call the collection to verify whether they accept liquid controlled substancesif the location does not accept non-controlled liquid medications.Solid Medications:Solid medications include only non-controlled prescription and non-prescription medications that are solid like pills, capsules, tablets, patches, ointments, and lozenges. It includes items like vitamin supplements that are solid. Check with the collection to see if inhalers are considered solid medications and collected.Liquid Medications:Liquid medications include only non-controlled prescription or non-prescription medication that are liquid. It includes items like vitamin supplements that are liquid.Sharps/Needles:Medical waste collected for diversion from landfill disposal generally includes only needles, lancets, empty syringes, and empty auto injectors like an epinephrine pen. If you are not sure if you have a medical waste, check themedical waste directoryand contact the collection location.View the web app for this data.Usersare encouraged to contact the collection location to verify the substance accepted.For more details on proper disposal of unwanted medications from households and healthcare, please visitMichigan.gov/EGLEDrugDisposal.To request a household drug collection location be added or updated, complete thissubmission form.
- Michigan Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
- State of Michigan Open Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- This dataset is a public record and, as more fully described below, there are no restrictions on the use, reproduction, or distribution of this dataset. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the public release of this dataset should not be construed, expressed or implied, as to whether any use constitutes a legally permissible purpose. It is the sole responsibility of the user to determine if the data is usable for their purposes. This dataset is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (hereinafter referred to as EGLE) makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of this dataset. EGLE also does not make any warranties, express or implied, for the continued quality, accuracy, or currency of this dataset after it has been downloaded, nor the quality or accuracy of any analyses or re-uses of this dataset. EGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS DATASET AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE STATE WILL NOT BE LIABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CLAIM FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, RELATED TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS DATASET. IN NO EVENT WILL EGLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS DATASET, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. You forever release EGLE, its divisions, officers, and employees from all claims, rights, actions, demands, damages, liabilities, expenses and fees, which arise out of or relate to your access or use of this dataset. You must defend, indemnify and hold EGLE, its divisions, officers, and employees harmless, without limitation, from and against all actions, claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, attorney fees, and expenses (including those required to establish the right to indemnification) arising out of or relating to your access or use of this dataset. EGLE reserves the right to modify or remove this dataset for any reason, without notice, at any time. Nothing in these terms constitutes or is intended to be a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to EGLE. These terms are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to conflict of laws provisions. These terms do not apply to other materials or content, including maps or logos, that may be located on the site or portal containing this dataset and that may be protected by intellectual property rights such copyright, trademark, or patent. Nothing in these terms should be construed, expressed or implied, as impacting any existing rights or licenses in such materials or content, if any.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: