AC Municipality [Wisconsin--Ashland County] Full Details
|Click on map to inspect values|
- AC Municipality [Wisconsin--Ashland County]
- This data has been collected in regards state statute 5.15(4)(br)1. Municipal clerks within 5 days of any boundary change need to notify the county clerk.5.15(4)(b)Within 5 days after adoption or enactment of an ordinance or resolution under this section or any amendment thereto, the municipal clerk shall transmit one copy of the ordinance or resolution or the amendment to the county clerk of each county in which the municipality is contained, accompanied by the list and map specified in par. (a). Each copy shall identify the name of the municipality and the county or counties in which it is located.County clerks will transmit municipal, municipal ward and county supervisory districts in GIS format to LTSB by January 15thand July 15th. "no later than January 15 and July 15 of each year, the county clerk shall transmit to the legislative technology services bureau a report confirming the boundaries of each municipality, ward, and supervisory district in the county together with a map of the county, in an electronic format approved by the legislative technology services bureau. Each report shall be current to the nearest January 1 or July 1 preceding the date of the report".Municipal data collected in January will be used by LTSB to update municipal boundaries the U.S. Census Bureau's TIGER database via the Boundary Annexation Survey (BAS). Counties and municipalities are no longer required to submit boundary changes directly to the Census Bureau. LTSB will submit data to the Census Bureau for the state as a whole.Section 13.96(1)(b)of the Wisconsin Statutes requires LTSB to "upon receipt of municipal boundary information at each reporting interval under s. 5.15 (4) (bg), reconcile and compile the information received to produce a statewide data base consisting of municipal boundary information for the entire state".13.96(1)(c)LTSB shall "Participate, on behalf of this state, in geographic boundary information programs when offered by the U.S. bureau of the census".LTSB will publish Municipal Ward, Municipal Boundaries and County Supervisory Districts to the LTSB Open Data Portal located at http://data.ltsb.opendata.arcgis.com/.This data has been collected with the WISE-Decade software platform. For more information on this system please visit http://legis.wisconsin.gov/ltsb/gis/wise-decade/.
- Ashland County, WI GIS Open Data Portal
- Resource Class:
- Datasets and Web services
- Resource Type:
- Vector data
- Temporal Coverage:
- Continually updated resource
- Date Issued:
- Ashland County makes no representation or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the use or reuse of the data provided herewith, regardless of its format or the means of its transmission. THE DATA IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, SUITABILITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR FITNESS OF THE DATA FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Ashland County shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, compensatory or consequential damages or third party claims resulting from the use of this data, even if users have been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage.
- Access Rights:
- Date Added: